OVERALL VISION FOR GLORIOUS UNDEAD:
“All those in the church brought closer to God, all those we meet outside the church brought into relationship with God, GU bringing glory to God.”
COMMUNITY / FAMILY:
- Mark 12:30-31 ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.. Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.’
- We are God focused in all we do; in each service, worship, the Word, leading and prayer.
- We believe that people both inside and outside the church matter to God.
- We believe that church should be a place of safety, respect, honesty and inclusion.
- We believe that church is not just a Sunday service, but a committed group of friends available to care for and look after each other at all times.
- We believe that church growth is not just based on numbers and strive to build ‘bigger people’ through real discipleship and friendship.
- We see ourselves as part of the wider church and actively work together with other churches to see God’s Kingdom come.
LIFESTYLE / WORSHIP:
1 Corinthians 10:31 ‘So whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.’
- We believe in remaining relevant and moving with the culture we are a part of while not watering down the message of Jesus as told in the bible and the life we’re called to.
- We believe in encouraging and enabling people to be able to worship God in spirit and truth in all situations.
- We believe prayer is essential to the life of the church and the individual, to maintain an active relationship with God.